Malia Redux

From: Brian K. Curley (Master of Time & Space) <"Brian>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 08:49:14 -0500 (CDT)

Peter Metcalfe: mentions not all diseases resulting in painful death and mentions the Sniffles as an example.

Right you are, but how many Malia worshippers out there carry the Sniffles? Wasting Disease, Soul Waste or Creeping Chills is more like it. And I think that most cultures know the distinction between the honorable death of a warrior and the sneaky, pointless death of the Mother of Disease. Malia may have once been a healing goddess but no longer. Not in *my* Glorantha...

Peter Metcalfe: "Given that they accept the Crimson Bat..."

I have serious doubts about how much the Lunar citizens "accept" the Crimson Bat. Even the Emperor's own legions tremble at the thought of the Bat. Acceptance? Fearful resignation more likely.

Brian

| Brian Curley | I'm your only friend... I'm not your |
| Holder of Previous | only friend, but I'm a little glowing |
| Knowledge | friend but really I'm not actually |
| bkc_at_axle.adp.wisc.edu | your friend but I am... |