After life's fitful fever...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 14:32:20 +1200

Neil Smith:

>Yelmalion burial practices always seemed incongruous to me: the lost
>power of Fire is used to turn the body into hot Air (and smoke).

The fact that such a practice is done by the Dara Happans more than obliviates any God-Learner inspired objections that might be raised. The body is turned to smoke so that it will rise up to Heaven.

>Instead, I propose that Yelmalions bury their dead by placing them on
>platforms for various birds of prey to visit the body and carry it
>direct to the Sky.

Used by the Rinliddi and some Horse Nomads. This has a problem in that the bones are often left behind and have to be disposed of by other methods.

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #480