Eating Cake...

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 20:26:14 +1200

Mark Mohrfield:

>Peter, I think that you're trying to have your cake and eat it, too.
>Your own version of Malia requires several changes from the rules.
>This is your right of course, but you can't prevent others from doing
>the same thing with other cults.

I don't think so. IMO There is a great deal of difference between postulating a cult variant in a different region (which BTW hardly qualifies as changing the rules) and postulating that members of a well-known cult in a defined region have some ability that overcomes a intentional deficiency in the published rules (or should we give the Sartarite Healers the ability to use weapons and kill as well?).