Humakt and Malia

From: david boatright <DAVID_at_dboat.demo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 1996 10:00:40 +0000

There may different versions of Humakt around Glorantha emphasizing different aspects of the God. Wether it's death, truth or honor. But changing Malia to a healing Goddess makes here the opposite to what she is every where else. Malia creates disease. Disease spreads death and corruption. If the focus of the cult in the Empire is as a 'fence' preventing illness it must be a case of join us or die horribly. Surely this is still a case of blackmail and extortion, still sounds evil to me. The priests may tell the people they are a healing cult but I bet they know the real truth.