We Come In Peace

From: Nick Brooke (D&T CAS) <"Nick>
Date: 17 Apr 96 11:02:34 EDT

___
Pam writes:

> the parallel between the Crimson Bat and our own nuclear weapons is fairly
> strong. Which begs to the question: Do the Lunars have problems disposing
> of toxic bat poop?

My own take on this is in the RQCon 1 Compendium, part of the first NBCE transcript. There was a risk of my lines on how "Chaos Power is a cheap, clean, safe, endlessly reuseable energy source, as long as you follow the precautions" turning into a personal Parrot Sketch (aka albatross), but I've decided I can't be bothered to roll it out on demand at every appearance.

> SOME of Genertela is a violent place. You ignore the vast peaceful
> populations of Seshnela, central Peloria, Backwater Esrolia, and Kralorela.

Seshnela: constant, institutionalised oppression of peasants by their brutish feudal overlords; peasant revolt consequently rated as "an uncommon event" (i.e. *most* months there isn't a rebellion in any given place, but...).

Esrolia: full-blown civil war following 'decapitation' of Holy Country by unknown forces; barbarian invasions; Wolf Pirates plundering coastal regions; recent intervention by the Lunar Empire -- invited in by local rulers to restore peace -- seen by misleaded folk as a prelude to all-out military conquest.

Kralorela: no comment. Too far away for me to care.

Thus, the region Naverian Pam subtly refers to as "central Peloria" -- an evasive circumlocution for the Lunar Heartlands -- is the least violent region of Glorantha anyone is likely to care about, and *undoubtedly* the best place to live.

Nick