Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #481

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 20:59:38 +0100

David..... Cake?
> I am sure that any Mallian that doesn't acknowledge Yelm as lord will
> die very quickly!

Uhm, doesnt ANYONE in Dara Happa who doesn't acknowledge Yelm as a lord die very quickly...? No, a Malian who does not acknowledge Yelm as her lord will die very SLOWLY :-)

Neil Smith and Them Bones From Sky Burial:
> They get renervated as powerful ancestors, still here to help us.
> Our shamans keep the bones of the most powerful people in the clan as
> a focus for summoning their spirits. The bones of others are left at
> holy sites, to keep our mark on the land.
Cool!

Pam Carlsson:
> Jeff Richard was telling me about an idea of Greg's, where the Orlanthi can
> organize into "War Tribes" or "Peace Tribes" for a year. When in War
> aspect, they turn the annual rituals from fertility to war. (And, I
> imagine, study up on the Bladesharp.) This make them more powerful in
> combat, but the crops suffer and food production is much less. A tribe
> cannot sustain war condition for too many years and survive. Bug Jeff, and
> maybe he'll post more about it.

Jeff Richard, I hereby bug you!
(Uhm, that doesnt sound right, does it?)

Erik Sieurin