Aldryami Weapons

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 18:07:00 -0400

Claude Manzato commented that Aldryami should be using blowguns not bows.

I have always assumed that the Yellow Elves of the dense jungle did grow sumpitans (long, strong blowguns with a bayonet) instead of bows. For the Green and Brown elves, I still favour the bow. The temperate and boreal forests have lots of open space for archery, the canopy is high up and the undergrowth is limited in mature forests.

I do like the blowgun seed descriptions. How about allowing them to use special arrows with similiar effects? The arrow might be a straight stalk that grows up with a seed case like an arrow head. If the arrow does damage then the seed breaks away and sprouts in the wound.