Beyond Good and Evil

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:50:12 +1200

Simon Hibbs:

Me>> So what is to prevent Malia from being a 'good' diety in Glamour
>> or other select parts of the Empire?

>You have IMHO an unhealthy preocupation with arbitrary conceptions
>of Good and Evil. Mailia selfishly causes suffering, while Humakt
>brings an ease to pain.

Perhaps you could take the time to read threads more carefully before making unwarranted characterisations. I see from your use of "selfishly" and "ease to pain" that my arguments about percieved (as opposed to inherent) evilness have not sunk in. A RW example for you to chew on: Look at how devas and ashuras are percieved in both Indian and Persian mythology and then tell me which one is evil.