Mr. Happy

From: Nick Brooke (D&T CAS) <"Nick>
Date: 19 Apr 96 06:01:38 EDT

Mr. Happy writes:

> Nick clearly doesn't set his campaign in the 1650s.

Or the 950s, or the 1050s, or the 1150s, or the 1450s, any of the other myriad time periods when central Peloria *wasn't* the nicest place in the world to live. I set my games in RQ's Prime Time: the tail-end of the Seventh Wane, as Lunar civilisation and power swell to their bloated, decadent fruition.

Given complete freedom of choice, if you'd rather live on an impoverished hill-stead in barbaric, backwards Sartar than in the peace and prosperity of the civilised Lunar Heartlands, there must be something wrong with you. Don't worry, we'll be sending the Army to sort you out...

BTW, for Nils etc: my dismissal of Kralorela as "too far away to care about" was, of course, ironic. But *nobody* is all-inclusive. My own personal focus is on central and western Genertela, and I tend to disregard anything outside this cultural region (I'm an ancient and mediaeval historian by training, which equips me better to deal with the classical, barbarian and mediaeval cultures of central/west Genertela than with the Mysterious Orient, the Dark Continent, etc.).

Anyway, the times when events in Kralorela have affected life in "my part of the world" can be counted on the fingers of one (maimed) hand:

	1	Sunstop			(perhaps no real effect)
	2	Dragonkill		(perhaps no real effect)
	3	Sheng Seleris		(more Pentan than Kralori)

The Pentans, Praxians, Barbarians and Westerners have had far more influence on the Empire than this sorry tally!

Nick