beards and moustaches

From: Mmohrfield_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 11:47:33 -0400

While making some statements about the specific freedoms that Lunar Cults enjoy over their barbarian counterparts I mentioned
>Irrippi Ontor does not force his scholars to wear
> beards (a big selling point to women scholars.)
Mike Cule asked
>Is this an Official Fact? I've always assumed that IO scholars >have to wear
>moustaches male and female. This is I will admit some >improvement from the
>female scholars point of view.

This is the first time I've ever heard anything about a moustache requirement. Cults of Prax states "The spells and general rules of conduct are the same(as Lhankor Mhy's), except that the priests need not wear beards." The description of Irrippi Ontor in the Gods of Glorantha Prosopaedia does say he is portrayed as beardless but with a moustache, but doesn't mention any cult requirement.
In my opinion the IO cult either doesn't have any facial hair requirements or the facial hair requirements apply only to males. Since an Esrolia thread is also running now, this seems like a good place to state another of my opinions; that in Esrolia male Lhankor Mhy priests must keep themseves clean-shaven.
                                                            Mark Mohrfield