Yet more Esrolian Military

From: martin <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 Apr 96 18:57:34 EDT

MSmylie commented:
Martin wrote, in his first post on this topic:
>(1). Irregardless of anything else, women are statistically weaker
>than men.

>Hmm; I suppose this might be generally true if you played with a different
>set of characteristic rolls for women and men; as someone that does not,
>however, I'm not going to find that a very effective argument, I'm afraid.

Look, how many times have I got to say this? I based this comment quite clearly on my experience in many different martial arts including fencing and Muay Tai and I have sparred with many very tough women, some were high level competition winners and had been training many more years than I but they still lost. Why? Because I was stronger, faster and more aggressive. My comments were additionally based on the assumption that women and men were as statistically different in Glorantha as they are in the RW. This is the _entire_ basis of my argument. If you remove that and say "Women in Glorantha have the same stats as men" the yes, I'm completely wrong but I don't remember such detail in any of the rulebooks I have or in any other source so before you poo poo my argument because it doesn't fit into your own game world, remember that we each run our own worlds and to attempt to defeat another persons argument using _your_ ground rules is rather unfair.

 I'm particularily annoyed at this "distasteful" crap. I thought this was an area for free dicsussion and I was not aware airing ones opinion was distasteful but I suppose going even slightly against some mythical Political Correctness consensus was a terrible crime for which I should be lambasted thoroughly.

Now thats out the way, I think your comments on the Husband cult side of the issue were spot on and I didn't mention this myself as I thought everyone would be arguing from that basis as it was mentioned a lot in GCotHW. However, I was remiss in missing it so well said.

Martin Crim:
As well as having a brilliant name, Mr Crim came along with the nicest breakdown of the Esrolian military yet. Good stuff and I agree with that 100%. (better watch it, being agreed with by me is a sure way of being branded a SEXIST!).

You based your argument on the facts available. Hurrah!

Martin "Getting in a fighting mood" Laurie