Esrolia & a plea for restraint

From: D. Pearton <pearton_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 18:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

This is probably not a good idea, but I'll put my two cents in about Esrolia (without breaking rule 3 ;)

First off I don't think that the Esrolians use their men like trollkin in battle. First, though they are hardley an unrenewable resource, I thought the Esrolian women's view of men were that they were rather "immature", like big children. You don't send your children out to get slaughtered, but you do try and keep them safe. I don't believe that this means that they wouldn't be used in war, but that they will be looked after better than mere trollkin, i.e. in terms of training, support, etc. I do think that a significant portion of the elite troops will be women and _certainly_ the upper echelons of command will be female.

I must however, say that I really enjoyed Peter's post about the view of men in Esrolian society - I think it is a very valid way of looking at the society and an excellent way of getting us to re-examine our pre-conceptions. I don't think Onslaught would fit in very well where the Humakti are overdressed fops kept for dueling ;).

Ah well, I think I'll stop there before I get in over my head. - -Yak
ps: Who need powered armour when you have _Great Parry_ ;)