Building Wall Battle

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:28:44 +1200

Andrew Joelson:

> I keep seeing references to the Lunars 'getting their asses kicked'
>at the Building Wall Battle, but I don't recall any place where it actually
>says so; only that they lost a battle, and never went back.

Never _came_ back would be more accurate. Dragon's Past in the April 1983 edition of Different Worlds (lamentally obscure) gave the information that the Lunars took nigh on 50% deaths and god knows how much casualties. (You had to roll versus your battle skill to survive the battle for previous experience - for the Building Wall, you had to add +50 to the roll, thus getting a 50% change of a fumble meaning instant death). Apparently, the Lunars attempted to storm the Wall....

I don't know how much the Lunars sent against Esrolia, all that I do know was that Fazzur Wideread launched a smaller invasion of Heortland which besieged Karse at the same time. Fazzur was forced to retreat (he says that he was ordered to retreat by the Lunar High Command after the failure of the Esrolian Expedition) from Karse and didn't invade again until 1619 ST.