Chop! Chop! ESROLIA, Corny Elves

From: Howard Fielding <altfritz_at_apollo.kosone.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 16:30:15 -0300

CHOP! CHOP!         Ever wonder why "chop, chop" means to go faster? Come to Esrolia and find out! (Its what invaders say to each other as they flee!)

ESROLIAN MILITARY (IMVVVHO)         I believe that Esrolia is primarily defensive (The Building Wall Battle was a Defensive Battle and i believe that the WALL contributed in no small way to the Lunar Defeat). Thus i agree with all posts about the Earth Forts. I believe that the CORE of the Esrolian Military would be the Barbeestor Gor Axe-women; even if only 3% of the POP, then = 27,000. They are supported by the "Husband-protectors" in the form of Male, spear-armed (and thus Cavalry resistant) Town Garrisons. The bulk of the forces would be a militia, composed of farmers armed with inferior spears/shields, raised in times of greatest need, but requiring TIME to raise. Therefore, they were able to muster vs the Lunars but not vs Greymane's Raiders...the Queens had to content themselves with sending avenging forces of Axe-maidens (WHICH IS WHAT THEY DO BEST ANYWAY). Yelorna Amazons might provide cavalry? Yelmalio Hoplites might also be present?

CORNY ELVES         I liked Martin Crim's associations between specific plant species and clans. Should these associations also apply to the STATS of the Aldryami (ie. Oak = +2 CON, Elm = -15% Disease Resistance, Vines = +15% Climbing)?

        Are there Aldryami tied to domesticated (by Humans) grain crops...ie corn or wheat? Perhaps they resemble runners or goblins? or perhaps they are extinct? Given the common (friendly) Earth relationship, might Elves not help the Esrolians (Perhaps "Plains Elves" - "Corn Elves" would???)?

                        Howard