Esrolia as a mirror

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 12:15:00 PDT

Peter Michaels - borrowing ideas from Gloria Steinham's "If Phyllis were Freud":

> Thus, Esrolian men are competent
>homemakers, enjoyable ornaments, pleasing sexual
>companions, devoted sons, loving husbands, and (when
>necessary) expendable protectors.

Martin Laurie, completely missing the point:

>This is wonderful stuff, totally hilarious!

Yes - it is INTENDED to be hilarious. Just as ludicrous as the still common percepetions of women as over-emotional, passive, ornamental, and best suited to raising babies. Sounds pretty darn sickening when reversed, doesn't it?

While I think we should strive for a realistic Esrolia, RQ is a fantasy role-playing game, and Esrolia provides us with a good opportunity to explore a matriarchal society. And why not go a little overboard? We certainly have enough examples in RQ of the gamut of patriarchies and warrior-based societies.

Pam, in her "Naverian" aspect