Elven metalsmiths

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 96 11:40:00 PDT

Aldryami growing copper weapons - cool idea. Using sunlight to concentrate metal from the soil saves a lot of enegy costs (in wood) by not having to smelt metal. I imagine some plants in Aldryami forests having long, big fruit. You cut them open, and there are blades inside!

I don't think Aldryami would be adverse to eating plants - most plants benefit from mild grazing and trimming. They would use plants like Praxians milk their herd beasts. They would likely have a 'peaceful cut' type prayer, though.

Thought insprired by a typo - might there be an etymological relationship between "Alk", the Wendarian nature goddess, (and word meaning "green") and Aldrya?

Pam

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #498