LM IO

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Apr 96 02:10:31 EDT

Joerg:

> An IMO more likely cult for commanders in Esrolia would be Lhankor Mhy

This is like assuming the armies of Ptolemaic Egypt were commanded by librarians on the evidence of the Great Library of Alexandria. IMHO, Nochet City is NOT representative of Esrolite culture: it's a foreign-influenced carbuncle on the backside of the Land of the Four Corners.

> So how comes that IO was a worshipper of LM? Wouldn't he rather have been a
> worshipper of Idovanus, the Pelandan god of wisdom unveiled in the Entekosiad?

Yep. IO was a Carmanian Vizier, a scholar/sorcerer/astrologer. Barbarians who hear about him say "Aha: a Lhankor Mhy cultist!" In a God Learner sense, they may be right; if we were viewing him through another cultural lens, we'd see him differently.

Peter:

> I don't think Esrolia indulges in bloody rituals like the Flowery Wars of
> the Aztecs.

Not *that* bloody, I'll grant you. But let's not forget the old Year Kings ritual of human sacrifice, suppressed by the Pharaoh. That was bloody.

Nick

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #503