Esrolia history

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:25:58 +1200

Pam Carlson:

[Patriachy rising in Esrolia]

>But did it necesarily happen in Esrolia?????

AFAIK it did, but the women managed to turn the clock back. The Esrolians were originally one of the Vingkotling Tribes. As the first leaders of these tribes were either the son of or someone who had married the daughter of Vingkot, it seems to me they were patriachal.

But the Kingship of the Esrolians (I forget what they were originally called) fell into the hands of Rastagar who then perished with most of his men in the Sword and Helm Quest. The surviving women managed to establish (resurrect they claim) the Ancient Women's Ring leading to the Matriachy today. The establishment of the Women's Ring would have been quite late in the Storm Age but before the coming of the Only Old One IMO.

>(Visit the discussions on Tom Zunder's Esrolia site.)

URL legend? Couldn't find any mention of it at io.com...

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #504