Apology to Brian...

From: martin <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Apr 96 13:22:49 EDT

Brian Tickler:
You wrote a great piece as a riposte to mine on Humakt role models but I wasn't trying to get into a "word war" with you, I was enjoying the interechange of ideas if anyhing. I realy must apologise for bumping off one of your groups PCs, I wouldn't have done it if I'd known and feel bad about it, I know I wouldn't like it. So apologise to your player for me okay?

As for your riposte to mine, killing Onslaught is A-okay, especially in battle, its what he lives for after all but I'll write a version ASAP that should appease us both because I know Onslaughts stats and you don't and I know he wouldn't be killed by a dozen militia x-bowmen (a dozen Golden Bow warriors - yes, probably).

Nick Brooke:
Nick made a surprising statement about my wedding tackle commenting on its size. Well Nick, envy is never a good quality and I would suggest some excellent techniques in penis enlargement for those afflicted with this problem...... (Am I being _really_ distasteful yet? I'll try harder next time)

Okay, there seems to be some issue here with Onslaught and me being seen as one in the same person. This is bollocks. Onslaught is an _NPC_ in my campaign and a very rarely seen one at that. He is in for comic relief mostly. The amount of times the players have been forced, with a sick grin on their faces, to listen to Onslaught while he rattles on endlessly about every battle he's been in in the most excruciating detail is part of his lack of charm. The point is the players are too scared of him (and rightly so) to bugger off. He might just take offense.

As for Onslaughts beliefs, they are not mine. A man like that is _frightening_ which is the whole point and I, as a person, would prefer to behave like the Humakti of Brian Ticklers post but it doesn't mean other types of Humakti don't exist and thats why I created Onslaught.

He is the antithesis of the "paladin" Humakti. His honour is selfish but nontheless real. Mike Cule called him an "assassin" and in many eyes, he _is_. This is exactly the point I'm trying to make. Killing, in whatever form, is brutal, unpleasant and destructive. Assassins kill as do Humakti. Both often do it for pay but the Humakti way of killing is seen as honorable (at least by other Humakti) because of their "code". Some Humakti extend their code massively and can become members of society. Others, Onslaught being a prime example, are so lost in the death they bring that they are no longer really human. How do they survive? Because such men are useful. If you told Onslaught that he was to hold a pass against the entire Lunar battle array with no hope of survival, he'd do it. He would _love_ to do it. He'd even fight other Humakti for the honour of doing it!

Joerg Baumgartner mentioned that Onslaught is an extreme opposite of the Kaethelan Humakti norm, created perhaps in the urban environment and lacking any clan ties of cares. Joerg hit the nail right on the head. Onslaught, in my campaign, was born to a rat-catcher in Nochet and was bullied most of his young life by the street gangs and thugs. Serving in a folorn hope unit after being arrested for stealing, yet serviving, won him his freedom but gave him an insatiable thirst for control. His focus of control is the ultimate for a mortal - Death, hence he joined Humakt. Now, he has nothing else but death. In a way, as powerful as he is, Onslaught is to be pitied but as I said before, he wouldn't understand it.

Martin Laurie