Irrippi Ontor

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 10:45:00 PDT

Joerg:
>IO was a Carmanian, wasn't he? From Pelanda, then.

I had the impression he was a Dara Happan - a native buddy of YT's (who was a Carmanian nobleman raised in Dara Happa, who had gone just a bit "native" himself.) Irrippi Ontor was probably a scholar of Buserian, god of Stellar Observations, History, and Scribes. (Writing and mathematics are both gifts of Buserian.) IO may have encountered mention of LM in his studies, as he researched an obscure barbarian magic ritual of kingslaying and rebirth....

>(Humakt being the exception, but the Carmanian Huamkt, God of
Darkness and Death, doesn't seem to be Theyalan at all, rather Western (Humct?), and possibly holding many elements of Daxdarius.)

I also find it likely that the Carmanian Humakt is of western origin.

>Wouldn't he rather have been a

worshipper of Idovanus, the Pelandan god of wisdom unveiled in the Entekosiad?

I'm sure IO gave Idovanus his due - particuarly since his funding probably came from YT.

>Did the EWF spread LM into Dara Happa? Did his cult meld with the Pelandan
god of wisdom despite the Carmanians being arch-enemies of the EWF?

Doubtful - else we'd see more Dragon Pass cults there. If Theyalan cults ever were established in Dara Happa, they were likey destroyed in the post- Golden Dragon/EWF purges. ("Good morning, Just people of Raibanth! Today is spear a Dragon Scholar Day!")

Pam

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #507