Maran Gor cannibalism; Esrolians

From: Martin Crim <mcrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 13:40:18 -0400 (EDT)

       In V.2 # 505, c j morrell wrote about the Maran Gor cult's cannibal acolytes. I rather like the idea of a group held together by eating the flesh of dead members of the group. They are "one flesh." When they don't have a corpses dead from outside causes, they draw lots to see who will become one with the body.

        In the same issue, Erik Sieurin wrote about his Esrolia. I think those ideas are mostly compatible with the consensus view of Esrolia which is being built.

        Also, Ramos-Tavener, Doyle Wayne, wrote about feminism. I think you're mixing up Babs Gor (Al's little sister?) with Gorgorma. The latter is the one with the toothed vagina. I think we've all agreed that inversion of sex roles is No Fun. Check out the Entekosiad for an attempt at a more female-oriented mythology. As for Uleria, I don't think it's a specifically male fantasy. It is generally accepted that ancient civilizations had sacred prostitution. In my Glorantha, the Ulerians require their marriage ceremony before they'll have sex with a man, thus making the relationship more like polyandry than it would be otherwise. In a real sense, Uleria allows men and women to touch their Other safely, conquering the fear and channeling the awe.

Peter Metcalfe/Kevin Rose in V2 #507:
>>Uh, the majority of the French army mutinied during the First World War,
>>precisely because of this sort of thing.
>But the Esrolians haven't been stuck in the trenches for 3.5 years, have
>they?

Hey, I would HATE to nitpick Peter Metcalfe, BUT I gleefully point out that the mutinies Keven referred to were at the START of the war. Discipline got much better as the war progressed. :-,