Nitpick

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:55:26 +1200

Martin Crim:

KR>>Uh, the majority of the French army mutinied during the First World War, KR>>precisely because of this sort of thing.

Me>But the Esrolians haven't been stuck in the trenches for 3.5 years

>Hey, I would HATE to nitpick Peter Metcalfe, BUT I gleefully point out that
>the mutinies Keven referred to were at the START of the war. Discipline got
>much better as the war progressed. :-,

Much as I hate to respond to offtopic nitpicks, I think Martin has got it seriously wrong. I think Kevin was referring to the French mutinies following the failure of the Nivelle offensive in 1917. OTOH If Martin is reckoning the start of the Great War from the year the Americans entered the war, he'll be absolutely right from his PoV. :-)