Onslaught+Humackti

From: garry.nixon <oa5gni_at_zen.sunderland.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 12:13:43 +0100 (BST)

In the Onslaught tales, I am reminded of PC I used to play with in our group. His name was Jason and to start with he was a true 'paladin' type Humackti, really honourable etc. As time went on, the character developed into something not unlike Onslaught. I remember once he sponsored one of the other PCs into Humackt, the initiation went ok, but the PC didn't wish to take a Gift+Geas, well not untill Jason threatened him with a duel if he didn't (I thought this was pretty harsh, but I'd just become illuminated so my judgement on things was probably a bit skew).

I am begining to wonder if this is a standard development with long running Humakti Adventurers. They join the cult attracted to the Honour
(Truth Aspect), and as time goes on become so imbued with Death that they
become quite homocidal (Death Aspect).

Humackti who were part of a company wouldn't tend to follow this progression, probably because they have a sense of belonging, but adventurer types tend to be constantly mobile, in small groups, so they tend not to develop roots so feel they have to fill the gap with something else (as can be seen with the Onslaught tales).

I never did find out what happened to Jason in the end. He and my PC
(Jhirack) had a falling out. I thought his preoccupation with Death was
becoming to much, and he thought I was having to many 'funny' ideas about things (I'd just been illuminated remember). Shortly after that the player moved out of the area, and we never saw him again.

Just some ideas

Lots of Love, Stay Hucky [Hucky=Happy+Lucky], Garry.