Re: Humakti

From: Giles Hill <waha_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 96 23:40 BST-1

Kevin Said

>So why don't we abandon the "true humakti" discussion and try defining
how Humakt is worshiped in different ways.

I agree, rather than constantly belittling other players or GM's views lets hear how they compare to our/your/my ideas.

I agree that looking at Onslaught he is certainly on the Gross side of tough and not suitable for many peoples campaigns my own included. But thats really not as important to me as why someone believes a Humakti like Onslaught is not a "correct view of a Humakti".

Sitting completely on the fence and having recently watched the Magnificent Seven I thought that it could equally have been the Seven Humakti. All seven are drawn to the fight for differing reasons and desires. I believe people would be drawn to Humakt in much the same way.

Once inside the cult, where in Glorantha you are taught its tenents will ultimately effect how you serve "Death" as much as why you joined in the first place If such a diversity in cult views means that Humakti like Onslaught wind up fighting Humakti like Arreth then so much the better. A Glorantha where this happens seems much more realistic (christian sects for example have spent far more time butchering and oppressing one another than they ever spent killing the infidel)

Anyway thats my ten pence worth on the Onslaught debate more importantly....

Kevin said
>Look at the lead cross heroquest. It is banned in Sartar due to the
tendency of the humakti to go on a killing frenzy against chalana arroy, who pervert death by resurecting people.

Kevin please tell me more. It all sounds very interesting.