Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #515

From: Tarry Higgins <taz_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 96 16:10 BST-1

Mike Cule says:

> He killed with no need and no thought for consequences. He slew those who
> could not match him simply for pay. He killed anyone who got in his way
> without thought of consequences. That ought to be enough to shatter his
> sword in any campaign I ran.

I have to disagree with you strongly here, Killing people who get in your way, is a perfectly normal Humakti thing to do, the concequences are simple, if you don't kill them they will kill you. He told the thane he was here to kill him and attacked the than and his men, taking care not to injure the children. (jumps over their heads).
After he killed the thane he was attacked by the villagers, he fought back and triumphed, when they fled from him he did not persue them, or strike them down from behind.

Now, why was he there to kill the thane? For all you know the thane was an oathbreaker, child molester and was harbouring bandits who were praying on the merchants around, that was why he needed killing. There is nothing in the story about why Onslaught was there, or if he was being paid.

But to disagree with your main point, which is (I think) that he was killing for pay. What is a mercenary other than someone who is willing to kill for pay? Do you have any mercenary Humakti's in your campaign, individuals or units? All these people are doing is killing for pay

 The Taz! ....