Myriad topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 12:28:11 +1200

Sandy Petersen:

[re Onslaught Headbutts Giant Gorp. Sandy accuses]

> Peter, you are obviously too nice to your PCs.

I plead Not Guilty. 'Twas dramatic irony. I wouldn't dream of letting my PC's to do a stunt like that.

Howard Fielding:

> Is it necessary that the earth pantheon incorporate all the roles
>that the Yelm pantheon does?

Because Age roles are a valuable part of growing up. Even the Orlanthi have them (look at the report on the Orlanthi in KoS), the boys god is Voriof the shepherd etc.

>Even is so, you forgot Esrola...surely she fits the needs percieved?

I think the Esrolians believe that Esrola *is* the Six Goddesses.

>The description in the Prosopaedia of Babeester Gor
>does not fit IMO, nor does the original version in Wyrm's Foonotes.
>[description snipped]
> It seems to me that she stands outside the sequence presented by
>Peter.

The sequence is not my invention but is the Theogyny in RQ Companion (Jonston Compendium). And I said that Babeester Gor had her *origins* as an Goddess of teenage girls and later became a War Goddess (look at how Maran Gor picked up her last name). This makes her more interesting than the Humakt the Crossdressing Axe maiden that has previously been proposed and adds colour to her cult. The account of BG springing up from her mother's corpse is mythically valid but historically incorrect IMO (so like the tale of Caladra and Aurelion's origins).

> Where did this Humakti as Fops come from??? Not possible, IMO.

Lottery Sword descriptions. Fops is as percieved by outsiders. Within the holy country, they think themselves as Deadly Serious.

[somebody asked about lunar horse Archers]

> The Char-Un Sable riders are Horse Archers, i believe. Should be
>info on them in the Pavis supplements. Specifically PAVIS, BORDERLANDS,
>maybe others?

The Char-un horse archers ride horses. I don't think any are to be found in Dragon Pass or Prax. The Lunars would find it cheaper to hire Grazers. The Antelope Lancers come from the Hungry Plateau, although the Praxian regiment is recruiting from the Sable Tribe in Prax.