Onslaughts Stats

From: Tarry Higgins <taz_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 96 14:31 BST-1

Peter Metcalfe in Digest 520 has a slagging off of Onslaughts stats, commits the largest single error possible:

Remember that "My Glorantha is not Your Glorantha". Martin is playing his stuff in a more powerfull world than you are, Onslaughts stats are better than normal for a human but are not completly and utterly outragous.

We had a campaign (RQ2) that went from the characters being lay members through to almost all characters being Rune Lord - Priests (about half of use were high priests as well). It took time, but we were at university, playing twice a week for 8-10 hours a time in an action oriented campaign. We were gross, 3 Humakti RLP's, an Orlanthi RLP, a Stormbull, a Shaman (he was mean), we could have taken Onslaught, OK he could easily take any one of us, but as a party we would take him down no problems. As we came in there would be a flurry of multispelled dispel magics going off (we allowed unlimited countermagic and dispelmagic, other spells being limited to 4 pts) - I knew dispel 16 and had a 4pts power crystal so I could cast dispel 20 (or rather my ally could). Dispel 20 * 4 (multispell 3) will sort out most peoples magics. With his shimmer and possibly shield down, he is in big trouble, splitting a 250 parry down against us means that he will miss his parry - a 125 parry against tough humakti is not going to happen. Remember we are all over 100% as well before spells.

But this is all irrelevent as I said above, "My Glorantha is not Your Glorantha".

Onslaught is in Martin's Glorantha, not in your Glorantha.

 The Taz! ....