Onslaught and the waertagi

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_nvg.unit.no>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 15:55:54 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi there.

I have been sitting on the fence watching the ongoing Humakt debate, but now I feel I should add my humble thoughts.

First of all, I belive Onslaught could be a perfectly good humakti. Perhaps not the most common type, but certainly possible. I've been told that humakti heroquesters have been known to sever their connection to the life rune, and this I belive could create just the kind of personality Onslaught has.

And second, his stats. Now I'm young enought to admit that I had a large vicious grin on my face when I read his stats. Not that I'm ever going to throw something like that on my players. But the thought of it was rather cool :)
But what I didn't like was that this was branded at once as a "ad&d powergamers fantasy" Now I wonder, are there some unwritten laws that say that it is bad form to write statistics on the powerfull guys in glorantha? And make no mistake, the real tough guys in Glorantha are a lot more powerfull that you can ever get in ad&d.

Remember tyhe GodLearner secret: it's only a game :))

Now over to something completely different; the waertagi.

I'm planing a campaign in the west, and there is several things that puzzle me. Hope you don't mind me asking you here on the digest :) First of all, the waertagi cityships. Have anybody got any info on them? Are they really made out of dragons? Live dragons? How large are they?

When are they sceduled to return? How are they going to react to the Loskalmi navy?

And last, when they do find lost Brithos they bring back a brithini army that invades Seshnela. Now why would the Brithini do that?

And if I'm not completely wrong, there was a discussion here on the digest about what happened to Harrek after the Argrath saga. Did he live happily ever after in his kingdom? I don't think so. I belive he is going to be very buissy fighting the Waertagi.

Humbly

Frank Rafaelsen
rafael_at_nvg.unit.no
"Si fallor, sum"