Mermen tactics

From: DAVISON Nick <Nick.Davison_at_nri.org>
Date: 30 Apr 96 15:48:31 EDT

In the Sea Special edition of TOTRM there are mention of Malasp mermen raids on shipping.

Has anybody developed tactics for these?

In Gods of Glorantha there is mention of mermen summoning Sea Serpents to aid them against pirates.

One idea I had was to simulate ship debris complete with a drowning sailor (actually a merman) waving for help. This worked quite well as not only did the players stop their ship but they sent out a skiff to assist. The unfortunates in the the boat were then surrounded by speargun wielding mermen. However I don't think this would work again!