The Four fold way

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 14:05:18 -0500 (EST)

MOB asks :

There was an excellent, amusing article in an old Different Worlds or White Dwarf which depicted the four types of gamer and the characters they would play: the Power Gamer, the War Gamer, the Roleplayer and the Story Teller. I wish I could find it: if I could, I'd post the example of "The Power Gamer". Anyone else out there know what article I'm referring to?

It was in DW, it was called "The Four-Fold Way of the Gamer," and was written by Greg Costikyan, inventor of Corflu and the Corflu cultists ("Correction fluid," a now ancient and forgotten technology), one of the wackier game designers and writers in fantasy. Unfortunately, my DW collection is in my country home.
If you are going to mention the article, don't forget the Role playing character, who, not by coincidence, was in RQ stats: Timmy the Trollkin and his string collection!
Jim Chapin