Mermen tactics 2

From: DAVISON Nick <Nick.Davison_at_nri.org>
Date: 01 May 96 14:08:49 EDT

To be honest I had already thought of using sea monsters to intimidate ships crews. I was thinking of more subtle (and less expensive in terms of Rune/Divine Magic) methods.

How about fouling the rudder with seaweed (which I did in my campaign), drilling a hole in the ship or capsizing a ships boat?

Throwing some cargo into the sea might just ruin it. Come to think of it what tribute would be useful to mermen? Items such as pearls that landlubbers had unjustly stolen from the sea?. Alternatively goods that they cannot easily produce underwater inside or outside their air filled domes?

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #524