Onslaught and Conan

From: David Ford <davford_at_vossnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 23:48:53 +0100

ONSLAUGHT
I stand with Martin when he says Onslaught would be a mere fly against hero-level magic (v02.n512). Considering that Harrek and his pirates are equal to thousands of soldiers (re:Dragon Pass), Onslaught seems rather puny.

Onslaught you are welcome in my Glorantha!

CONAN
Loren you believe that Onslaight is wrongly superior to Conan and that Conan should be a model for Harrek (v02.n524). I absolutely disagree. In my proud opinion Conan is equivalent to a skilled Rune Lord in fighting prowess, no match for any for powerful runemaster or hero. Conan doesn't even have any magic. What makes Conan a hero in the Hyborian Age are brains, brawn, and plenty of lucky breaks. I reckon his luck would run out in Glorantha. I love
Conan and he is a hero in the Hyborian Age, but he is mere sword-fodder in Glorantha.

David Ford