Lone Heroes

From: Eric Rowe <rowe_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Thu, 02 May 1996 00:37:52 -0700

>From: mark groff <mg1160_at_messiah.edu>
>Gloranthan Heros was Dragon Pass. In Dragon Pass, Argrath, all by his
>Lonesome was the combat equivalent of a decent Regiment, he coluld move

Not to pick on Mark, but several people have been making this mistake so I thought I'd point it out. The Heroes and Superheroes of Dragon Pass do NOT represent individuals. Each is actually a large collection of VERY powerful people. They all survive by having lots of powerful friends which brings me to my next point.

From: martin <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
>[example of several assassins killing Onslaught]
>back. There are myriad ways of killing him cheaply and relatively easily. If
>the President of the US can be killed so can Onslaught!

So, why hasn't he been?

He doesn't have any friends to watch his back, and I bet he's got plenty of enemies. Even the President of the US has the secret service.

I don't really have a problem with his power level because it is your Glorantha. I've played in dozens of different Gloranthas and some have been played at that level. I've seen (at a Con) PC's with spell-bouncing spinning Adamantine swords that would swat Onslaught like a fly. However, anyone that powerful had to have friends or be really, really nice. Powerful people make powerful enemies.

Eric Rowe
chaosium_at_aol.com