waertagi,brithos,malasps

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:06:35 1997

  Hi all,

Waertagi

How do they propel their dragon-ship?

Brithos

Nick Brooke said that Brithos is forever gone. I like the idea that the Waertagi can reopen the way between Brithos and the world:
1) the ancestral Brithini (Zzabur et all) are too good as villains to disapear from the world
2) At the dawn, there were only brown Vadeli, when Dormal lifted the Closing he found red Vadelis. I think that the dicovery of Brithos will bring back the blue Vadeli in the world.

Malasps

When attacking ships, malasps have some problems to solve. First, without aerial allies they cannot detect ships beyond 30 km (the horizon). Even if a malasp can swim faster than a ship, she does not tire during pursuits.
But on a positive side many ships follow trade routes.
The best tactic, in my opinion is as follow:
- -post a look-out near a trade route with messenger
fishes (they are the equivalent of traveling pigeons).
- -when he sees a promising ship, he will send notice
to the nearest action group on the ship's route.
- -the group will try to attach itself on the hull (but
under water)
- -next operation is to plant alguaes, molluscs, or to
fix an underwater floating anchor to the hull, in order to stop the ship.
- -when the crew find out what is happening, they will
face a dilemna. The can send divers to clear the hull (and they are no match for the malasps in underwater combat) or accept the mermen' demand.

Since many merchant ships use sails, one good trick is to to use the decrease wind spell to stop them.

Anyway, once the ship is stoped, the malasps can drill holes in the hull to help the humans in accepting their ultimatum.

Ralzakark

What does the sky terror look like?

I checked the various maps of Dorastor through the ages. I think that demon plateau is the remains of the tower of justice, where Arkat and Gbaji had their final fight.

	Peace
		Jean

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #534