Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #522

From: Hasni Mubarak <richo_at_vicon.net>
Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 21:36:26 -0400

Ok, I'm going to toss my two cents in on the entire Hero/Humakti/Onslaught debate.
(Even though I know full well it went on too long, and many people aren't even going
to bother reading it...)

Anyhow, yes, Onslaught is absolutly sick and disgusting. Personally, I don't like to write down stats for super-major NPC's. If I do, I find, I play them too much like PC. However, I love the Devile storys, and died laughing (figurativly) with the "Holiday Humakt" piece. (Which, of course leads to the question of "Are their any Humakti who use humor to kill?) In fact, I loosely based a Sword on him. I like the theory that 1) Esrolian men are horribly chained and insecure, and 2) They are hopeless fops, as concerned with fashion as they are with dedication to their god. In fact, being a hot swordsman is fashionable. So, the "New" Sword at the temple in Nochet is a lunatic named "Bork." He pretty much forces intiates (There to give their 10%) to spend most of the time getting the living tar knocked out of them. Tends to make the PC's rely LESS on him as a source of information (since they know they'll get clobbered when they show up to talk) and work on their own problems.

(Oh, and they thought he was brutal till the met the YT dude that murdered the
Humakti temple in Carse...met, not FOUGHT...)

Anyhow, does anybody happen to ahve a list of the "Humakti code?"