Lunars in River of Cradles

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 14:09:36 +1200

Ross Stites:

>This is a topic that I've been thinking about lately. Why do the Lunars
>use so many resources to garrison and hold the Zola Fel after they've
>captured the port cities south of Dragon Pass?

Mainly because the valley is rich and underexploited. Sor-eel obviously needs the troops to filfull some of his get-rich schemes (like colonizing the valley and pocketing Lunar Subsidies for doing so) which requires forces to frighten off the nomads. Possibly he's trying to turn the River of Cradles into a Clan Fief. The troops haven't been called back by the appropiate authorities because Sor-eel has been using his clan to delay the matter (appeals on points of procedure, fillibustering in committee, brown money bags etc etc).