Non violent heroes and women

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 22:20:53 -0500 (EST)

The ultimate non-violent heroquester: Sartar, who apparently never lifted a weapon.

Where are the women? Most Gloranthan societies, like their equivalent RW societies, have a fairly sharp differentiation of sex roles, which includes different patterns of social interaction, and I am sure, different tales of "heroism" (in general, tales of heroism are told in order to demonstrate proper social behavior) that they tell each other. The vast majority of Gloranthan sources that we have so far read are written by men, and therefore reflect their "heroic tales." The tales told by the females (and written down in the Earth temples, frex) might be quite different. Reflecting the composition of the RQ audience, there has been more interest and attention paid to the Male heroquesters and to the rare women who function in the male world.

I would look forward to tales told at the other fireplace, or in the other hall!
Jim Chapin

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #538