Heroquest rules etc.

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 12:14:07 +0200

altfritz_at_apollo.kosone.com:
>It seems to me that a set of Heroquest rules have already been
>written! Though not by anyone at the Chaosium! Has anyone checked out the
>ideas in EVERWAY? When it came out i thought: "this might be useful...".

I agree whole-heartedly. Adapting the Everway fortune deck to Glorantha is one of my background processes. Actually, I'd like to use the Everway mechanics not only for heroquests but also for 'mundane' adventures.

Me:
> These characters are not as good skill-wise as Onslaught, but they
> have lots of magic and they are considered major league heroes, so
> the general power level is lower, but nobody is invulnerable.

Loren:
>I for one would like to see such powerful characters, because I think
>that it is difficult to design powerful RQ characters with the same
>sorts of abilities that they would have had if they were played, even
>if they were played in a campaign with loose training rules and easy
>access to enchantments.
>
>Of course you might not want to post said characters, remembering
>that I was the one who prompted martin to post Onslaught's stats (and
>look where that got us). However, I think it would be fun to see
>them, and useful since I could take said characters and use them in a
>campaign.

OK, I'll get myself an asbesthos suit and make a shot at it. However, I will not post exact stats for two reasons: those were characters in another GM's campaign and the character sheets are somewhere in his general paper chaos. They are also RQ2 characters, with _lots_ of house rules, so many details wouldn't be applicable to most people anyway.

Unfortunately I don't have time for this at the moment, but hopefully I'll be able to do it later this week. I can warn you right now though, those who are allergic to high-powered characters might not want to read it.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net