TTRP vs LARP

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 08:54:29 +0200

Nick writes:

>Which is why any tabletop
>game with more than half a dozen players ends up dominated by the loud-mouthed
>extroverts who know how to get the gamemaster's attention, and freeforms can run
>with fifty to eighty people getting along quite happily on their own for the
>most part.

I'm not out to criticize either TTRP nor LARP, but I do have one question for those with LARP experience. Nick's above comment rings very true, but one good thing about TTRP is that a GM with at least basic skills of empathy can notice shy and insecure players and try to draw them out and get them involved by paying more attention to them than to the loudmouths.

So, how do you handle theses people in a LARP so that they don't just stand in a corner watching all the fun stuff passing them by? Is there a real risk that a LARP is fun for the extroverted people, but less satisfactory for the introverted?

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net