Humakti variation, Dwarf construct memories

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 02:02:00 +1000 (EST)

martin <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM> writes:

>(6). Is Humakt a broad church with many different views within
>a borad framework or a monolith of rigid ideals of behaviour?
>I prefer the former though some seem to prefer the latter.

I think it's a broad church, since every other church in Glorantha seems to be too. We've seen comments about Kingdom of War humakti, Carmanian humakti, Big R's sword broos, etc. We know the Renekoti orlanthi aren't identical to Sartarite orlanthi or Heortland orlanthi.

The Pavis temple to Humakt should have some EWF elements from the Real City folk as well as the Sartarite exiles. That Humakt temple in Balastor's barracks is EWF influenced, I reckon. So they do some things differently at the New Pavis temple of Humakt from what they do anywhere else in Glorantha.

>(7). Is a Dwarfen construct capable of acting human enough to be Onslaught
>and if so what is his purpose and what happened to his memory?

BR&D (i.e., Robert MacLean & I) wrote a Hero System module for CanCon in the 1980s wherein one PC was a Terminator-style robot who thought he was a human & was programmed for a complete memory wipe (a cold start back to the ROMs) if he ever found out he was a robot. It was a diagnostic mode for self-repair. The character would become an NPC, concentrate entirely on repairing itself, reset, and become a PC again. We gave the player a new character sheet if that happened, with a much smaller skill list & a blank history.