Lunar Cavalry

From: Neil Robinson <nrobinso_at_direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 09 May 1996 11:40:13 -0700

In digest #549, Harald Smith wrote:
>Whipstock--from Rinliddi; noted for their use of the whip upon their own
>horses, they are considered cruel only to those who do not know the
>horse nomads.

According to Home of the Bold, Whipstock cavalry actually come from Alkoth, and probably spend a lot of time waiting to raid Darjiin.

I do agree that the Lunar cavalry is often under-rated. The reason many of their allies provide cavalry is that the Lunars make use of whatever combat units a region or culture area provide. Just because they may not have enough heavy infantry in an area doesn't mean that they'll make any new Char-un recruits give up their mounts and pick up a spear and shield. At least that's how it is supposed to work.

Count Stolwitz, Whipstock Cavalry Regiment - Boldhome

Neil Robinson            I realize I hold the key to freedom
nrobinso_at_Direct.CA       I cannot let my life be ruled by threads
Victoria, BC Canada             - Marillion, "The Web"