Gloranthan Armies

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 11:28:49 +1200

Harald Smith:

> Queens--from Doblia (or Naveria); they call upon the ancient Queens of
> the land for their strength.

I thought the Queens Regiment was Carmanian (Western Reaches). There's a reference to it in the Genertela Book about a Carmanian Noble who spends his time in the Queens Regiment IIRC.

Sandy Petersen:

Gave a list of the quality of various troops in glorantha. Most seem pretty reasonable (although the Kralori rating of 2 was interesting). My main comment is that the Vormaini Navy would rank about a 2 (as they are nowhere near as good as the East Isle navies). About the only thing that made me boggle was:

NATION		Army Quality
Loskalm			2
....			.
Horali			5
Iron Dwarfs		5
Kingdom of War		6

The KoW are *better* than the Iron Dwarves or the Brithini? *gulp!* (Sog City land prices plunge to new lows...)

How would you rate the Seshnegi [My guess: 3?], Pasos [2 Navy-3] Ralians [2], Wolf Pirates [Navy-4] or the Masloi Flanchi [2 Navy-3]? Do the Arbennan Confederation and the Kresh have armies (as of 1621) to register on your list? Do the Slarges?