From: Ramos-Tavener, Doyle Wayne <st670_at_Jetson.UH.EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 13:05:27 -0500 (CDT)

David Cake sez:
> But look - lets get one thing straight. This is mostly directed at
>Doyle - no one thinks LARP or TTRP or freeforming or whatever is the one
>true way.

Not according to Sandy:
>LARPS are vastly more fun, more realistic, more engrossing, more
>emotionally exhausting, and more Gloranthan than any TTRP. Period.

Part of me thinks that Sandy is exagerating for effect. I hope so. The main point that I am trying to get across is that there may negative consequences to the privleging of LARP vs TTRP. I mean privilege in the critical sense, where the importance of an art form is assigned through rhetoric and criticism. These 'negative consequences' that I refer to are the disappearence of Gloranthan TTRP as viable option. Frankly I think that the absense of a credible rules simulation for Glorantha (i.e. a better RQ) will have more to do with it in the long run than the privleging of LARP vs TTRP, but the privleging doesn't help.

Nick sez:
>Reaching Moon Megacorp hope shortly to bring out "The Tarsh War" - a freeform
>scenario book by Chris Gidlow in which a dozen players under one referee lead a
>Lunar expeditionary force into the Bush Range to crack down on Tarshite
>brigands.

Looking forward to this, Nick. It sounds fascinating.

Thanks

Doyle