MOB and the Freeform/TTRP Fusion

From: epatml_at_assw014 <(epatml_at_assw014)>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 10:24:37 +1000 (EST)

All this talk of TTRP vs Freeform reminded me of MOB's great "Club Campaign" experiment. Back in his undergraduate days at Melb Uni MOB was Prez of the Uni Role Playing Club (MAG Inc) and he and Trevor Ackerley came up with the idea of a "Club Campaign" to take place on our regular gaming night. The basic idea was that multiple parties would be "adventuring" simultaneously in the same campaign. Each party had it's own GM and ideally a spare master GM would circulate between parties so that events and interactions could be co-ordinated. Characters could freely move between parties and plotting against and competing with other parties was strongly encouraged. It had elements of both Freeform and TTRP but while it showed great promise we never quite acheived critical mass of either players or GM's to make it work as planned. We did however have some great game sessions. MOB, perhaps you would care to give us the Secret History ?

Tim

Advanced Service Applications Centre /*\__/\ "Anyone can hold the helm when
Ericsson Australia          	    <       \         the sea is calm."
207 Bouverie St,                     \  _  _/      -- Publilius Syrus
Carlton,                              \| --
Victoria,
AUSTRALIA, 3053 Phone: +61 3 9301 2189 e-mail: epatml_at_epa.ericsson.se