Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #560

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 16:18:18 +0100

I called Nils "Nick":
> Erm, Nils is the scandinavian form of Nikolaos for sure, but I'm usually
> not called Nick... (No offense taken).
Thus this is merely the example of a Godess Switch attempt on this list that has been most daring, most dependent on research ("Ah! Nils Weinander is merely the Swedish aspect of Nick Brooke!") and most likely to fail. Have you accquired a cheesy grin lately, Nils? :-)

> >> I have been put off a bit by the very elitist attitude of the 'live-ers'.
> >Can I QUOTE this in an ongoing debate in the Live-fanzine StrapatS?
>
> Preferably not (at least in my name), since it would piss off people
> who are my personal friends even if I don't like all their attitudes.
> Now, this would indicate that I'm a coward, which is probably true,
> but it's actually more that I think there are better ways to open
> people's eyes than insulting them.

I don't really think it's an insult to notice that someone has done something wrong - what I should have said was that I know can say for sure "I know people who have been dissuaded from participating in LARP because of this attitude." Before I merely assumed this was the case. And if someone asked: "Yeah, who?" I could say "A guy I know from the Internet named Nils. Met him?".

But if you don't want to, I won't.

I will no speak no more on this matter. I heavily second that telling stories (the oldfashioned way, you know, "literature") is the way of exploring Glorantha. You are now warned - it will mean I will write....

Erik Sieurin