Live roleplaying in Sweden

From: Jesper Wahrner <jewahr_at_hts.calypso.net>
Date: 13 May 96 13:43:12 +0100

Erik Sieurin wrote a lot about the Live roleplaying situation in Sweden to which I would like to comment:

I would gladly come to a Gloranthan Live too, and so would probably some of my friends. We even thought about organizing one about a year ago but never found time. I would by far prefer a Freeform game to a traditional Swedish style Live game though. The Freeform seem to keep the things I like from ordinary Live games, adding a number of further advantages while doing away with things I don't like in traditional Live games, such as rubberswords, having to get rained at for an entire weekend and having to spend a fortune in time and money to create equipment. (I'm about as disgusted as Nils about the direction the hobby is going in Sweden, as far as elitism is concerned.)

I actually like the more structured rules, and the better defined and described characters. If all Freeform Characters are as interesting and well described as the Waertagi Captain that was posted some week ago (I've forgotten by whom), traditional Swedish style Live Roleplaying has a lot to learn.

Can someone who knows tell me a little about how certain things are handled practically in Freeforms? How is things like masscombat and skills resolved? And what exactly can you do with a "Bugger Underling" card?

/Jesper

... I don't suffer from insanity--I revel in it! - --- Blue Wave/386 v2.21 [NR]