Re: Hellwood

From: owner-glorantha_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu
Date: Wed, 8 May 96 19:52:39 -0500

My belief about the Hellwood elves is that they were, in fact, refugees from Rist. This does not deny the possibility that there were earlier chaotic elves living in Hellwood, nor that a portion of dissidents from the Poisonthorn Elves did not help establish Hellwood.

        I know that at one time the forests of Hellwood and Poisonthorn were one unit (though they still had the two different regions of elves). The Krjalki elves burned out a huge swath of the forest in order to isolate the Poisonthorns more thoroughly.

        I also know that the Poisonthorns claim to have lived in their forest since the time of Gbaji, and to have received their special plant from Aldrya as a gift for resisting Gbaji's influence.

Sandy P.