Re: Glorantha Digest V2 #566

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 17:24:52 -0700

>- -----------
>SULFRAGINIS
>- -----------
>Cardinal of Bregsburg, Perfectus

In listing his special abilities, Sulfraginis mentioned:

>Remain Silent (Ability: one-use). Your are experienced in
>contemplating the Virtues of Silence.

This got him into a bit of trouble in the SF version of HTWWO, when he used it while sitting in the Comfy Chair after being called before the Watchdog Council. A contest of wills between his silence and the Council's "Spill your guts 'cause you are in the Comfy Chair" cards kept him in the Chair a wee bit too long... and, well, let's just say the chair went off although I swear we didn't know it was loaded.

I must say however, it's nice to know that at least some of Sulfraginis's later debilitation was due to the failure of his dispicable herectical immortality spell and not just the side affects of the unforseeable, tragic, entirely accidental and much regretted triggering of another banned spell by the chair (one thats starts with "T".)