horali again

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 13:06:30 +1200

David Cheng:

>I personally think the 'average' Brithini Horals have, maybe, 700% skill in
>a whole bunch of weapons. As evidence I point to Stafford's public
>readings of _Arkatsaga_, and the descriptions of how effectively a literal
>handful of Horals can butcher hundreds of opposing troops.

That was 1000 years ago. Since then Arolanit has been conquered quite a few times (by God Learners and Rokari) so that numbers of available top notch Horali is quite small. If Arolanit were undisturbed for another 500 years or so, then their army would be as tough as it was during the _Arkatsaga_.

And the troops the Horali attacked 1000 years ago are less advanced than the troops they have nowadays. I don't think Mounted Knights using counched lances were very common then but they are an important part of the Seshnegi army now.