LARP/TTRP once more

From: Nils Weinander <niwe_at_ppvku.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 17:23:52 +0200

Tim (epatml_at_epa.ericsson.se):
>Characters could freely move between parties
>and plotting against and competing with other parties was strongly encouraged.
>It had elements of both Freeform and TTRP

This made me suddenly realize the major reason I'm a bit suspicious about LARPs: you are supposed to work against each other (well some of the other players at least), intriguing, fighting, whatever.

One of the things I like most about roleplaying is cooperation. I don't _want_ to 'compete' with other players. So, I am probably one of the hopeless cases who just won't appreciate a LARP.

Jesper:
>I would by far prefer a Freeform game

>I actually like the more structured rules, and the better defined and
>described characters. If all Freeform Characters are as interesting and
>well described as the Waertagi Captain that was posted some week ago
>(I've forgotten by whom), traditional Swedish style Live Roleplaying has
>a lot to learn.

There is of course the big difference that in most (I think) swedish live games you design your own character, while you are assigned freeform characters like the aforementioned captain.

Nils W				| Here we are!
Office: niwe_at_einku.ericsson.se	| We sail on a ship made of dreams.
Home: nilsw_at_ibm.net